Covering over 2400 acres, Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort spans from the Gulf of Mexico to the Choctawhatchee Bay. Amenities include four championship golf courses, 15 tennis courts, a 98-slip marina, shops, restaurants, nightclubs, fitness centers, a spa and 65,000 square feet of convention space.
In spite of it’s size, Sandestin manages to retain an authentic aura of community, with each of its beautiful neighborhoods possessing a unique charm. From the beach to the bay, from sunrise to sunset, Sandestin pretty much covers all of the bases.
Interesting facts about Sandestin
- Robert Tyng Bushnell, the Republican Attorney General of Massachusetts, purchased land that is now Sandestin in 1930 for the purpose of raising crops and livestock
- Around 1960, Walt Disney reportedly looked at the area as a possible site for a theme park before eventually deciding on Orlando for his project called Disney World
- Marketing Campaign Taglines over the years
- 1970s “The First Resort”
- Early 1980s “Nothing Comes Close But the Gulf”
- Late 1980s “Jewel of the Emerald Coast”
- Early 1990s “No matter how long you stay, it’s never enough”
Search Real Estate in Sandestin Resort
village of baytowne wharf