Sandestin Real Estate
Covering over 2400 acres, this gated golf and beach resort spans from the Gulf of Mexico to the Choctawhatchee Bay. Amenities include four championship golf courses, 15 tennis courts, a 98-slip marina, shops, restaurants, nightclubs, fitness centers, a spa and 65,000 square feet of convention space.
In spite of it's size, Sandestin manages to retain an authentic aura of community, with each of its beautiful neighborhoods possessing a unique charm. From the beach to the bay, from sunrise to sunset, Sandestin pretty much covers all of the bases.
Baytowne Wharf Communities
Interesting facts about Sandestin
- Robert Tyng Bushnell, the Republican Attorney General of Massachusetts, purchased land that is now Sandestin in 1930 for the purpose of raising crops and livestock
- Around 1960, Walt Disney reportedly looked at the area as a possible site for a theme park before eventually deciding on Orlando for his project called Disney World
- Marketing Campaign Taglines over the years
- 1970s “The First Resort”
- Early 1980s “Nothing Comes Close But the Gulf”
- Late 1980s “Jewel of the Emerald Coast”
- Early 1990s “No matter how long you stay, it’s never enough”